EnergyPlus Home Improvement Financing - Maine
Simple interest low monthly payment options for heating, cooling, HVAC, roofing, windows, generators, plumbing, electrical, insulation and other home energy improvements. No lien. No fees. No pre-payment penalties.
Upgrade your home's efficiency, strength, health and comfort with simple, transparent and trusted fixed rate, low payment financing.
Home improvements can be expensive – and short term “promotional” financing may not be the best option for your monthly budget. But upgrades to your heating and cooling systems, roofing and siding, windows and doors, insulation and even kitchens and baths can pay big dividends through energy savings, making your home more resilient to bad weather and improving your home’s livability and comfort. Especially if they are installed by a contractor who has earned the NEIF Seal of Approval, from the nation’s only Certified B Corp™ , meeting the highest standards of accountability and social and environmental impact and a U.S. Department of Energy Home Improvement Expert lender partner.
- 100% financing available, instant credit decision, easy paperless process and responsive communication with you and your contractor.
- Simple interest installment loan, not a credit card, guaranteed fixed rate and payment for life of loan with no lien on your home and no hidden costs. You may off at any time or pay ahead without penalty.
Watch our NEIF EnergyPlus Video!
Learn more about our simple, transparent, expert trusted financing by watching this video.
What improvements Qualify?
Homeowners making qualifying improvements, to their primary residence or vacation home (1 to 4 unit on permanent foundation).Work must be performed by a NEIF-Approved Contractor. Additional work can be part of the financed project if at least 50% of the improvements include:
- Air Conditioning (Central) – Any efficiency rating
- Air Sealing & Insulation
- Awnings & Shading
- Carpet, Flooring, Tile
- Electrical Work
- Furnaces & Boilers – All Fuels – Any efficiency rating
- Gas Line Extension
- Geothermal – Any efficiency rating
- Heat Pumps – Any efficiency rating
- Kitchens & Baths
- Lighting & Controls
- Other Energy Improvements – Case by case
- Plumbing Work
- Roofing – Any efficiency rating
- Siding – Any efficiency rating
- Tank Removal & Replacement
- Water Heaters – All Fuels – Any efficiency rating
- Water Treatment
- Windows & Doors – Any efficiency rating
Low Guaranteed Monthly Payments
Who is Eligible?
- 1 to 4-unit primary or secondary (vacation) home – deeded properties and co-operative housing communities
- Owner-occupied, no investment properties
- Must be affixed to a permanent foundation
- Unsecured loans – property type is for qualification purposes only—no lien is filed
Three Simple Steps
1. Get an Estimate
Contact a NEIF-Approved Contractor to get an estimate for qualifying improvements.
2. Fast Approval
Find a NEIF-Approved Contractor and apply via their application link for an instant credit decision. If you don’t have a contractor selected Apply on-line https://www.neifund.org/apply-online directly for a no-obligation credit pre-approval.
3. Installation & Payment to Contractor
Your contractor will send us a copy of your estimate/proposal identifying final price and qualifying improvements. You will receive electronic loan documents for your signature. NEIF pays the contractor when the work is completed to your satisfaction.
NEIF -Approved Contractors
Contractors who have earned the NEIF Seal of Approval are qualified, leading contractors of all sizes authorized to offer NEIF’s trusted, affordable monthly payment plans for energy and resilience upgrades.
They have met NEIF standards for commitment to quality work and customer service, financial stability and personal integrity and leverage our technology, expertise and relationships to broaden their markets in HVAC, Roofing, Remodeling, Lighting, and most energy improvements
If you are not already a NEIF-Approved Contractor, Apply Here!