National Energy Improvement Fund
About the National Energy Improvement Fund
Peter, Matthew and Laura founded NEIF (pronounced with the letters N -E-I-F) to be a for-profit lending company with a single minded mission to mobilize and deploy capital to address the climate challenge. NEIF is a mission-focused company. But NEIF’s leadership and staff are focused on completing that mission in some pragmatic ways.
NEIF's Pragmatic Approach
- We are committed to supporting the full financial ecosystem of energy efficiency and resiliency finance.
- We lend to commercial and residential borrowers.
- We support the equipment installers and suppliers with advance funding.
- We support and partner with utilities, green banks and green energy funds to help them deploy capital and combine their capital with capital from banks and other investors.
- We operate state-of-the-art financing portals to achieve these goals.
- We incorporate insurance options in the Southeastern United States that support customers making investments in resiliency.
- We are a fully licensed and compliant financial institution operating under multiple state and federal authorities.
- We produce annual, audited financial statements and are under direct supervision of the PA Department of Banking.
We can do this because we have experience. The team as a whole has originated over $800 million in energy related transactions with industry-leading credit performance.
Residential Improvement by Type
We operate finance programs under agreements with the following partners.
- Duke Energy (small commercial programs)
- Efficiency Maine (Residential and Commercial finance programs).
- Eversource Energy (in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire)
- MCE (Marin Clean Energy) energy storage program
- Pacific Gas & Electric (hospital and high tech industries program)
- Philadelphia Energy Authority solar program
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- SoCalREN (LA County multi-family finance program)
- Xcel Energy (commercial programs)