EnergyPlus Home Improvement Financing Illinois
Affordably upgrade the energy efficiency, resilience and comfort of your home. Simple. Transparent. Trusted. Expert.
Improve your home with simple, transparent and trusted fixed rate, low payment financing.
Home improvements can be expensive. But upgrades to your heating and cooling systems, roofing and siding, windows and doors, insulation and even kitchens and baths can pay big dividends through energy savings, making your home more resilient to bad weather and improving your home’s livability and comfort.
Watch our NEIF EnergyPlus Video!
Learn more about our simple, transparent, expert trusted financing by watching this video.
What Improvements Qualify?
- Air Conditioning (Central) – Any efficiency rating
- Air Sealing & Insulation
- Awnings & Shading
- Carpet, Flooring, Tile
- Electrical Work
- Furnaces & Boilers – All Fuels – Any efficiency rating
- Gas Line Extension
- Geothermal – Any efficiency rating
- Heat Pumps – Any efficiency rating
- Kitchens & Baths
- Lighting & Controls
- Other Energy Improvements – Case by case
- Plumbing Work
- Roofing – Any efficiency rating
- Siding – Any efficiency rating
- Tank Removal & Replacement
- Water Heaters – All Fuels – Any efficiency rating
- Water Treatment
- Windows & Doors – Any efficiency rating
Monthly Payment Estimator
Who is Eligible?
- 1 to 4-unit primary or secondary (vacation) home – deeded properties and co-operative housing communities
- Owner-occupied, no investment properties
- Must be affixed to a permanent foundation
- Unsecured loans – property type is for qualification purposes only—no lien is filed
Three Simple Steps
1. Get an Estimate
Contact a NEIF-Approved Contractor to get an estimate for qualifying improvements.
2. Fast Approval
Find a NEIF-Approved Contractor and apply via their application link for an instant credit decision. If you don’t have a contractor selected Apply Online directly for a no-obligation credit pre-approval.
3. Installation & Payment to Contractor
Your contractor will send us a copy of your estimate/proposal identifying final price and qualifying improvements. You will receive electronic loan documents for your signature. NEIF pays the contractor when the work is completed to your satisfaction.
NEIF -Approved Contractors
Contractors who have earned the NEIF Seal of Approval are qualified, leading contractors of all sizes authorized to offer NEIF’s trusted, affordable monthly payment plans for energy and resilience upgrades.
They have met NEIF standards for commitment to quality work and customer service, financial stability and personal integrity and leverage our technology, expertise and relationships to broaden their markets in HVAC, Roofing, Remodeling, Lighting, and most energy improvements
If you are not already a NEIF-Approved Contractor, Apply Here!