- For Homeowners
- For Businesses
- For Contractors
- Partners & Sponsors
Low Payment, True Fixed Rate Financing for Most Types of Energy and Other Home Improvements from the National Energy Improvement Fund, a Certified B-Corp Lender.
WHAT'S THE BEST WAY FOR YOU TO PAY FOR ENERGY HOME IMPROVEMENTS?
Short-term promotional financing programs or cumbersome traditional financing aren't the answer for many consumers faced with expensive energy or other home improvements. Many financing options, even those that appear to be low fixed rates, are really credit card-type programs that can turn into 25 or 30% interest rates after the promotional term or if you are a few days late with your payment. And smart consumers understand that the cost of subsidizing "zero percent" or other artificially low rates for longer term unsecured financing may result in a higher price for the product (somebody has to pay for it!). Sometimes, your utility or state may subsidize the program which does not add to the cost to you, so make sure to check out those programs.
The National Energy Improvement Fund's True Fixed Rate™ financing means the rate is locked in for the term and not subject to change like many credit products offered through retailers or manufacturers.
The National Energy Improvement Fund is a Certified B-Corp lender, meeting the highest standards of social and environmental impact. NEIF focuses on increasing the affordability of energy improvements through transparent, simple interest, fixed rate, low payment unsecured installment loans with no fees to the borrower and no pre-payment penalties. Special features include:
- Finance 100% of your energy improvement from $2,500 to $25,000
- True Fixed Rate, Fixed Monthly Payment
- 3, 5 or 10 Year Terms
- NO adjustable rate, "teasers" or surprises
- NO lien on your home
- NO home equity required
- NO points, fees or closing costs
- NO penalty for pre-payment or to pay extra each month to pay off faster
- Instant Credit Decision, Easy Paperless Process
- Fully Supported by NEIF's Energy Lending Specialists
- Only for work performed by NEIF Approved Contractors
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All homeowners who are making qualifying improvements to their primary residence or vacation home (1 to 4 unit on permanent foundation). Good credit and the ability to repay are required. All income levels are eligible. Please click here to see if the program is currently offered in your state,
WHAT IMPROVEMENTS QUALIFY?
National Energy Improvement Fund's EnergyPlus Loan is for energy-related and other improvements to your home. Work must be performed by a NEIF-Approved Contractor. Additional work can be part of the financed project if at least 50% of the improvements include:
- Air Conditioning (Central) - Any efficiency rating
- Air Sealing & Insulation
- Awnings & Shading
- Carpet, Flooring, Tile
- Electrical Work
- Furnaces & Boilers – All Fuels - Any efficiency rating
- Gas Line Extension
- Geothermal - Any efficiency rating
- Heat Pumps - Any efficiency rating
- Kitchens & Baths
- Lighting & Controls
- Other Energy Improvements - Case by case
- Plumbing Work
- Roofing - Any efficiency rating
- Siding - Any efficiency rating
- Tank Removal & Replacement
- Water Heaters – All Fuels - Any efficiency rating
- Water Treatment
- Windows & Doors - Any efficiency rating
THREE SIMPLE STEPS
- Get an Estimate
Contact a NEIF-Approved Contractor to get an estimate for qualifying improvements.
- Fast Approval
Apply on-line directly or via your contractor for an instant credit decision.
- Installation & Payment to Contractor
Your contractor will send us a copy of your estimate/proposal identifying final price and qualifying improvements. You will receive electronic loan documents for your signature. NEIF pays the contractor when the work is completed to your satisfaction.