- For Homeowners
- For Businesses
- For Contractors
- Partners & Sponsors
Smarter, Better, Faster Financing & Funding for Energy Improvements
The NEIF Effect on Energy Improvement Financing & Funding
The National Energy Improvement Fund is a licensed lender and loan servicer, program manager and financing conduit, whose mission is to promote energy savings by increasing the affordability of energy efficiency and renewable energy improvements for consumers and businesses.
NEIF partners with contractors, manufacturers, distributors, governments, utilities, and industry trade groups to develop and administer financing and related programs designed to help improve the uptake of energy-related property improvements.
- Heating and Cooling systems (HVAC)
- Building Envelope Improvements (windows, doors, roofing and insulation)
- Kitchens and Baths
- Renewable Energy (solar, geothermal)
- Other energy related improvements for homes and businesses
NEIF facilitates access to capital to support energy improvements in buildings through nuanced understanding of capital structures, market needs, utility and state efficiency programs and efficient delivery of financing through our partners.
With a Lending & Servicing Legacy Dating to 1947, the NEIF Team has Been Responsible for over $700 Million in Energy Financing and Innovators in Some of the Nation's Most Successful Energy Financing
Time-tested National Credit Standards promote consistent program design and loan performance.
- Credit available to the broadest possible market at established, historical baseline standards with 15 year proven performance and loan loss of less than 1% annually
- National improvement standards for single-measure and enhanced energy improvements
- Established baseline standards, e.g., ENERGY STAR or equivalent
- Expanded programs for enhanced improvements
- Contractor and Sponsor standards promote consistent and qualified installations, lending compliance, borrower protections and reinforcing program integrity.
Contractor-driven energy lending experience + Best technology + program support
- Leveraging contractor-driven lending experience, NEIF has partnered with GoldPoint Systems to provide the most seamless and compliant user experience for contractors, consumer and sponsors.
- Instant approval
- Contractor portal and point of purchase sales tools
- Paperless process
- Rapid funding
- Full lending compliance
- Complete servicing system
- Full contractor and sponsor reporting
- State-of-the-art contractor search and lead generation features
A better, sustainable source of loan capital
Aggregation of community bank, credit union and foundation/socially responsible investor capital provides access to the lowest cost, most sustainable and most diverse source of funding.
These capital sources form the core of the NEIF capital structure. They provide NEIF with an unmatched number and diversity of capital sources.
Alliances and integration with state green banks, utilities & others
- Providing access to deal flow, to credibility and to subsidy funds that reduce loan rates, enhance marketing and increase contractor usage
These special relationships make an already good product even better. They allow NEIF to improve customer offerings to promote even more energy efficiency
State of the Art contractor, consumer and sponsor technology
Superior, energy-focused, origination, contractor support and servicing technology enhances contractor close rates, consumer uptake of energy efficiency improvements and loan payment performance
NEIF provides the best possible energy contractor and consumer experience with point of purchase payment options & contractor pipeline access
Experienced best practices in contractor, distributor, manufacturer and program support
We are not just finance professionals; we are energy finance and energy-contractor support professionals
We understand the nuances of energy efficiency marketing and lending and know how to build strong contractor and sponsor relationships that use financing to drive sales of energy efficiency with strong sales training and integrated marketing
Unparalleled risk management and lending compliance
Best in class and most experienced structures and lending team to manage contractor and lending and servicing compliance risks
Utmost focus on an engaged and financially and ethically stable contractor network. Deep consumer lending experience with systems and documents that are always fully compliant and current. Origination and Servicing comply with all regulations & bank partner expectations
- The National Energy Improvement Fund is a for-profit, public benefit, licensed financial institution. Certified B-Corporation,
- Led by energy efficiency finance pioneers Peter Krajsa and Matthew Brown and a highly experienced Management Team
- NEIF's mission is to promote energy savings by increasing the affordability of energy efficiency improvements for consumers and businesses.
- NEIF is a national leader in energy improvement financing.
- The NEIF team has been responsible for over $700 Million in energy financing.
- NEIF focuses on three core products:
Energy Improvement Financing for Homeowners
Energy Improvement Financing for Businesses
Rebate Advance Funding for Contractors