Fast, Simple, Low Monthly Payment Plan for Energy Efficient Home Improvements
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All homeowners who are making qualifying improvements to their primary residence or vacation home (1 to 4 unit on permanent foundation). Good credit and the ability to repay are required. All income levels are eligible.
WHAT IMPROVEMENTS QUALIFY?
The NEIF Home Energy Improvement Plan is for energy-related improvements to your home. Work must be performed by a NEIF-Approved Contractor. Additional work can be included if at least 50% of the project is:
- Heating & Cooling
Furnaces, boilers, heat pumps, air conditioning and all related work
- Windows, Doors, Siding & Roofing
- Air Sealing & Insulation
- Electrical & Plumbing
including lighting and controls, generators, water heaters, water treatment, baths and kitchens (50% electrical/plumbing work)
- Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®
- Geothermal, Solar & Other Energy Projects
WHAT ARE THE TERMS?
- $2,500 to $25,000
- Unsecured, no lien on your home
- No income verification required in most cases
- True, Fixed Rate and Payment, guaranteed for life of loan
- Ten year term with the ability to pay off early or pay extra monthly with no penalty
- No borrower fees
EXAMPLE OF MONTHLY PAYMENTS
THREE SIMPLE STEPS
- Get an Estimate
Contact a NEIF-Approved Contractor to get an estimate for qualifying improvements.
- Fast Approval
Apply on-line directly or via your contractor for an instant credit decision.
- Installation & Payment to Contractor
Your contractor will send us a copy of your estimate/proposal identifying final price and qualifying improvements. You will receive electronic loan documents for your signature. NEIF pays the contractor when the work is completed to your satisfaction.
The NEIF Home Energy Improvement Plan is available in:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia (coming soon)
- Additional states being added shortly
Click Here to Find a NEIF-Approved Contractor (coming soon)