- For Homeowners
- For Businesses
- For Contractors
- Partners & Sponsors
Special True Fixed Rate Monthly Payment Financing for Energy, Resiliency and Other Home Improvements
The National Energy Improvement Fund (NEIF) is a certified B-Corp lender and national leader in home and business energy improvement financing. NEIF is also a Home Improvement Expert Partner of the U.S. Department of Energy.
The National Energy Improvement Fund focuses on increasing the affordability of energy improvements through transparent, simple interest, fixed rate, low payment unsecured installment loans with no fees to the borrower and no pre-payment penalties.
Eligible Home Improvements are program specific and may include:
- Heating & Cooling
Furnaces, boilers, tanks, heat pumps, air conditioning and all related work
- Windows, Doors, Siding & Roofing
- Air Sealing & Insulation
- Electrical, Plumbing, Kitchens & Baths
including lighting and controls, generators, water heaters, water treatment
- Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®
- Geothermal, Solar & Other Energy Projects
Special features include:
- Finance 100% of your energy improvement
- True Fixed Rate, Fixed Monthly Payment
- Terms up to 10 years
- NO adjustable rate, "teasers" or surprises
- NO lien on your home
- NO home equity required
- NO points, fees or closing costs
- NO penalty for pre-payment or to pay extra each month to pay off faster
- Instant Credit Decision, Easy Paperless Process
- Fully Supported by NEIF's Energy Lending Specialists
- Only for work performed by NEIF Approved Contractors
What is True Fixed Rate Financing?
Short-term promotional financing programs or cumbersome traditional financing aren't the answer for many consumers faced with expensive energy or other home improvements. Many financing options, even those that appear to be low fixed rates, are really credit card-type programs that can turn into 25 or 30% interest rates after the promotional term or if you are a few days late with your payment. And smart consumers understand that the cost of subsidizing "zero percent" or other artificially low rates for longer term unsecured financing may result in a higher price for the product (somebody has to pay for it!). Sometimes, your utility or state may subsidize the program which does not add to the cost to you, so make sure to check out those programs.
The National Energy Improvement Fund's True Fixed Rate™ financing means the rate is locked in for the term and not subject to change like many credit products offered through retailers or manufacturers.