EnergyPlus Loan - Maine
Improve your home with fair, simple fixed rate monthly payment financing.
Home improvements can be expensive. But upgrades to your heating and cooling systems, roofing and siding, windows and doors, insulation and even kitchens and baths can pay big dividends through energy savings, making your home more resilient to bad weather and improving your home’s livability and comfort.
The National Energy Improvement Fund’s (NEIF) EnergyPlus Loan is a simple interest, unsecured installment loan for improvements. The EnergyPlus Loan rate is guaranteed for the term and cannot change like many credit products offered through retailers or manufacturers. And because NEIF does not charge contractor “dealer” fees like other financing programs, you can be assured you are getting your contractor’s best appropriate price for your job.
As the nation’s only Certified B Corp improvement lender, meeting the highest standards of social and environmental impact and a Home Improvement Expert partner of the U.S. Department of Energy, NEIF focuses on increasing the affordability of energy and resiliency improvements.
Three Simple Steps
1. Get an Estimate
Contact a NEIF-Approved Contractor to get an estimate for qualifying improvements.
2. Fast Approval
Apply on-line directly or via your contractor for an instant credit decision.
3. Installation & Payment to Contractor
Your contractor will send us a copy of your estimate/proposal identifying the final price and qualifying improvements. You will receive electronic loan documents for your signature. NEIF pays the contractor when the work is completed to your satisfaction.
- Finance 100% of your improvement from $2,500 to $25,000
- True Fixed Rate, Fixed Monthly Payment
- 3, 5 or 10 Year Terms
- Not another credit card
- No adjustable rate, “teasers” or surprises
- No lien on your home
- No home equity required
- No points, fees or closing costs
- No penalty for pre-payment or to pay extra each month to pay off faster
- Instant Credit Decision, Easy Paperless Process
- Full support from NEIF’s knowledgeable Energy Lending Specialists
- Only for work performed by NEIF Approved Contractors
Who is Eligible?
What improvements Qualify?
National Energy Improvement Fund’s EnergyPlus Loan – Maine is for energy-related and other improvements to your home for measures that are not included in Efficiency Maine financing. Click here for information on Efficiency Maine financing and eligible measures. Work must be performed by a NEIF-Approved Contractor. Additional work can be part of the financed project if at least 50% of the improvements include:
- Air Conditioning (Central) – Any efficiency rating
- Awnings & Shading
- Carpet, Flooring, Tile
- Electrical Work
- Furnaces & Boilers – Natural Gas, Propane – Any efficiency rating
- Gas Line Extension
- Kitchens & Baths
- Lighting & Controls
- Other Energy Improvements – Case by case
- Plumbing Work
- Roofing – Any efficiency rating
- Siding – Any efficiency rating
- Tank Removal & Replacement
- Water Treatment
- Windows & Doors – Any efficiency rating
Monthly Payment Estimator
Use this Monthly Payment Estimator to compare different options and then apply on-line for an instant credit decision to finance work performed by your National Energy Improvement Fund Approved Contractor. All loans are made directly to the consumer by National Energy Improvement Fund, LLC for work performed by NEIF-Approved Contractors. Fixed rates range from 7.99% to 12.99% depending on your credit. Payment estimates based on 9.99% APR. NEIF is an equal opportunity lender.